The Lord Jesus performed a lot of miracles during His work, yet He always told people not to tell others. What’s God’s will in it?
Bible Verses about Mercy
Our God is full of mercy and lovingkindness. We can learn how to take pity on others from the followingverses.
1. He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy. – Proverbs 28:13
2. They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that has mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them. – Isaiah 49:10
3. Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD has comforted his people, and will have mercy on his afflicted. – Isaiah 49:13
4. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yes, they may forget, yet will I not forget you. – Isaiah 49:10
5. In a little wrath I hid my face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on you, said the LORD your Redeemer. – Isaiah 54:8
6. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, said the LORD that has mercy on you. – Isaiah 54:10
7. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. – Isaiah 55:7
8. He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy. – Psalm 72:13
9. Like as a father pities his children, so the LORD pities them that fear him. – Psalm 103:13
10. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. – Matthew 5:7
11. But I say to you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. But if you had known what this means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the guiltless. – Matthew 12:6-7
12. But whoever has this world’s good, and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwells the love of God in him? – 1 John 3:17