The Lord Jesus performed a lot of miracles during His work, yet He always told people not to tell others. What’s God’s will in it?
The Discernment of the Wicked Servants Will Keep You from Being Deceived
Every true believer in God is expectantly waiting for the return of the Savior . But faced with the confusion and the varied statements in the church, many of the brothers and sisters who truly love the Lord are in a tight corner and at a loss what course to take. As they don’t know how to discern the true way from the false ones and fear that they may be deceived, they don’t dare to receive strangers, much less dare to go out to listen to messages. Due to their foolishness and lack of discernment, they are unwittingly used by Satan and deceived by the wicked servants, thereby ruining their wonderful future. So we’ll conduct a fellowship about this problem and give an analysis of it so that all the brothers and sisters who truly love the Lord may get on the right track of believing in God and live under the blessing of God.
First, let us look at the deceitful statements of the leaders of the denominations and sects. Some of them say, “Don’t go out to listen to any message, however good it may be, for it’s false. Don’t listen to what they preach even if it is the truth.” Others say, “These people have come to my parish to steal my sheep.” Still others say, “Don’t receive strangers, not even give them a cup of water to drink; they are the ‘ ’ followers, the deceivers.” Some say, “Whoever preaches that God has come is a heretic; what he preaches is false. You should drive him away. If he doesn’t go, dial 110 for police.” Others say, “You can play mahjong, watch videos, love the world, or even worship Buddha, but you shall never believe in .” Still others say, “The ‘Eastern Lightning’ followers will cut off your nose and ears and gouge out your eyes.” Some even say, “Without my assignment and permission, you cannot go anywhere. Whoever disobeys will be expelled from the church.” And they say many other words like this. Are they fellowshiping the truth by saying such words? Should a faithful and wise servant say such words? Let me dissect and discern these words so that you will not be deceived by them and lose God’s salvation and be punished.
1. They forbid the brothers and sisters to go out to listen to messages. We all know that faith comes from hearing the message. In the , Luke 4:42-43 say, “And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came to him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them. And he said to them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.” We may consider it carefully. The Israelites at that time learned the law of Jehovah in the synagogues and observed it. If the people hadn’t gone out to the desert place to listen to what Jesus preached, could they have recognized Jesus? Could they have known that God had done a new work (that is, Jesus had ushered in the Age of Grace)? Revelation 2:17 says, “He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit said to the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives it.” And Revelation 3:12-13 say, “Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write on him my new name. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit said to the churches.” Daniel 12:14 says, “But you, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” From the above verses we know that God requires us to seek and fellowship more so that we can know His will better. Furthermore, it is now the last days. If we want to gain the truth and life, we should all the more run to and fro and try our best to seek it so that we can understand God’s present will. But the leaders of the denominations and sects try hard to forbid the brothers and sisters from listening to what others fellowship about or preach, even though it is the truth. Dear brothers and sisters, we believe in God just in order to gain the truth. If we are not even allowed to listen to the truth, then for what do we believe in God? Isn’t that a deceptive word? Isn’t saying such a word a direct resistance against God?
2. They say that the “Eastern Lightning” followers have come to their parish to steal their sheep. They even dare to take possession of the Lord’s sheep. We all know that all believers in God are the Lord’s sheep and that only the is the good Shepherd. But these people even say that the brothers and sisters are their sheep. They are simply like the archangel, and speak in the place of God. Isn’t saying so a manifestation of antichrists?
3. They tell the believers not to receive strangers, for they are deceivers. The believers in the Lord throughout the world are as numerous as the stars. How many of them are we familiar with? Is it right to say that the strangers are all deceivers and false believers? Doesn’t it go against the Lord’s will to forbid the brothers and sisters to receive strangers? In the Bible, the Lord Jesus told the people: “And whoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, truly I say to you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.” (Matthew 10:42) When Abraham received the passing guests, he received angels unawares and was blessed by God (Genesis 18:1-16). The two angels Lot received helped him be spared from the disaster. Weren’t they also strangers to him (Genesis 19:1-25)? The two spies Rahab the prostitute received were also strangers, but they kept her and her family safe (Joshua 2:1-21). A eunuch received a disciple so that he obtained the salvation of Jesus. Isn’t this also a case of receiving a stranger (Acts 8:27-40)? From the facts recorded in the Bible, we have seen that none of those who received strangers came to grief. Instead, they all were blessed by God because of receiving strangers. We all know that throughout the history, God’s work has been preached to the ends of the universe through man (for example, God sent Noah to preach, and Jesus sent His disciples to preach). If we do not receive the strangers, can we receive God’s salvation today? Revelation 3:20 says, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” If when God knocks on the door, you still don’t open it, closing it against Him, don’t you feel afraid? Don’t you think it a deception that the leaders, who read the Bible every day, teach you not to receive strangers?
4. They say that whoever preaches that the Lord has come preaches a false message. Brothers and sisters, we all know that now is already the last days, and disasters befall more and more frequently and strike more and more places. The Lord that at the end of the age, He would do the work of judgment, and He would purify people, winnow, reward the good and punish the wicked, and classify people according to kind…. It is now the last days, which is a fact obvious to all. So how can they say that whoever preaches that the Lord has come preaches a false message? Haven’t they denied the word of Jesus? Revelation 14:6-7 say, “And I saw another angel fly in the middle of heaven, having the everlasting to preach to them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come….” Then aren’t they who condemn them as deceivers standing in the way of God’s work? They acknowledge that now is the last days but do not allow God to do His new work; aren’t they loathed by God? Just as in Matthew 23:13, the Lord Jesus said: “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you shut up against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in.” If you believe what the leaders say, won’t you forfeit your future? They say that whoever preaches that the Lord has come preaches a false message. Doesn’t it mean that the Lord shouldn’t come? Don’t you think their word is deceitful?
5. They tell the believers to dial 110 for police at the sight of the brothers and sisters who come to preach Almighty God. On the surface, the betrayal of the brothers and sisters, the delivery of them into the hands of those in power, seems to be an act of defending the truth, but in substance, what difference is there between it and the Jews’ act of handing Jesus over to Pilate? Aren’t they teaching the believers to be a Judas? Is this not worthy of our consideration? Although God’s work does not accord with man’s notions and man does not know or understand it, yet how should a believer in God fear God? Let us have a look at how the doctor of the law in Acts 5:33-39 treated God’s new work: “When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them. Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space; And said to them, You men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what you intend to do as touching these men. For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nothing. After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. And now I say to you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nothing: But if it be of God, you cannot overthrow it; lest haply you be found even to fight against God.” If you judge, blaspheme, and slander God and betray the brothers and sisters, then what difference is there between you and the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders at that time? Acts 5:17-18 say, “Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation, And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.” Is this in accordance with the teaching of Jesus? Brothers and sisters, have you ever thought of this? If you continue following such leaders, what will be your end? Let us then look at . The gospel spreads quickly, the number of believers increases day by day, and their condition becomes ever better. Most of those who truly love God and who pursue the truth in all denominations and sects of Christianity have accepted God’s work of the last days. This exactly fulfills Isaiah 2:2, which says, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it.” May God open our spiritual eyes so that we will keep pace with His work instead of sitting still waiting for death and ending up regretting all our life.
6. They say that if one believes in Almighty God, his eyes will be gouged out, his ears and nose will be cut off…. It is a sheer rumor and slander. They say so in order to control and frighten the brothers and sisters, and it is a blasphemy against God’s work. You can consider this: Among those who have accepted Almighty God, perhaps some are your family members or relatives, some are your neighbors or friends, and some are the brothers and sisters from your church with whom you had been acquainted for ten years or even decades. Which one of them has lost his nose or one of his eyes, legs, or arms? Is this fact not a most convincing proof? Let us then take a look at those leaders. What is their intention or aim? Their aim is not for the brothers and sisters to gain life but for their own flesh to have enjoyment. Are their food, clothing, and house not provided by the hard-earned money of the brothers and sisters? If the brothers and sisters all come before God, will it still be possible for them to enjoy the offerings? When they speak about giving offerings, they mean to let the brothers and sisters do so, and when they speak about love, they mean to let the brothers and sisters love them. They think that they have rendered great service and deserve to enjoy those things. Some of them even commit adultery, but they don’t feel ashamed. The brothers and sisters feel angry at that but do not dare to speak anything. This is a fact known to all. But some even say that they deserve to enjoy all that, for they have suffered too much for the Lord, and that their adultery is due to their temporary weakness. Let us see what the Bible says: “A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Why by their fruits you shall know them.” (Matthew 7: 18-20) Brothers and sisters, we should be discerning! Don’t these facts make us clearly discern the rumor and lie of the wicked servants? Please wake up! Otherwise, you will ruin yourselves.
7. They say that the believers should not go to any other places but stay in the church. On the surface, they seem to care for the brothers and sisters by saying so, but in substance, they are resisting God’s work. Revelation 14:4 says, “These are they which follow the Lamb wherever he goes.” This word proves that God’s work does not remain frozen at one stage but is always progressing forward, and that only those who follow the footsteps of the Lamb are the overcomers. If one stays where he is, isn’t he left by God? Isn’t he a person incompatible with God? This is because where there is the work of God, there is the work of the . The people who stayed in the temple in the past were eliminated by the Holy Spirit for their failure to keep up with God’s new work, so the temple became a den of robbers. How about the church today? The brothers and sisters are weak and passive, covet money, and have envy and strife; the leaders steal offerings, have sexual liaisons, struggle for fame and fortune…. Can you deny these facts? What difference is there between such a church and the temple in the past? But those leaders say with deceptive quiet, “The church of the last days should be like this. This exactly fulfills the sign that the Lord is about to come.” Brothers and sisters, do you think this is what a good servant of the Lord should say? A good servant who can give the brothers and sisters the food at the proper time will consider their life. Confronted with the desolation of the church, he will be worried about it and will seek and examine the true way. Even if it does not accord with his notions, he will not blaspheme or condemn it, for he has a heart that fears God, and doesn’t dare to jump to conclusions. He will lead the brothers and sisters to seek God instead of binding or controlling them. Such people are just like the ones spoken of by the Lord Jesus: “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. … Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.” (Matthew 5:3 and 8) But unfortunately such ones are so few.
Next, let us take a look at the leaders who blasphemed Almighty God. As they have trodden a path that runs contrary to God, some of them suffer from weird diseases, some have become insane, and some have their family ruined. Why is this so? It is because they have provoked God’s wrath and infuriated God. Just as Almighty God says: “If I do not speak, I will do something for everyone to see. I will cause someone’s tongue to be rotten, someone to die without a whole body, someone to lose his mind and make a complete fool of himself, or some people to suffer enough of the miseries I create for them. … For it is always that ‘good will be repaid with good, and evil with evil.’ …” From this passage of , we can see that God’s disposition does not tolerate man’s offense. Maybe you have seen the end of those leaders. While preaching the gospel, we have also witnessed the fact that some leaders were punished by God. They assigned the brothers and sisters to curse Almighty God in prayer at regular times, but this brought a curse on them instead! Isn’t this worthy of our consideration? Dear brothers and sisters, for the sake of your life, please seek the true way quickly, and don’t stick with wrong ideas any longer! Only Almighty God in the last days can bestow upon us the truth and life. Only God can take us to a wonderful destination. We cannot gain life by following any leader. Then will you still believe what the leaders say? In the past, people had to come out of the temple to find the Lord Jesus. Today we have to seek the true way courageously so that we can receive the truths expressed by God in the last days, see all the mysteries unveiled by God, and enter into the kingdom. Otherwise, all our previous efforts will be in vain. Brothers and sisters, please come out boldly! God is waiting for you!
We have dissected and analyzed the actual situation of the church. Our purpose is for every brother and sister to have discernment and see through the wicked servants and avoid being harmed by them. Brothers and sisters, there is no more time to lose; please seek the truth quickly. God’s work of judgment in Mainland China is drawing to an end. The only way to be saved is to keep up with the work of Almighty God. For the sake of your future and fate, please be bold to make a choice! Otherwise, you will regret all your life!